Things players may find useful:
Why can't I hire that worker or get that military unit?
- Having problems getting a worker or recruiting a unit?
Check to make sure you have enough free Population.
Where's my Lumbermill gone?
- Can't see your wood producing building, after importing a save game?
Try a refresh (Ctrl + F5).
What is Territory used for?
- Got some Territory and don't know what to do with it?
You'll need Territory for some outposts found on Buildings.
Where is my Clay?
- Producing Clay or found some on an expedition, and it's not showing up?
You may need storage for it...try building a Bunker.
What happened to the Nickel?
- Got the technology and producing Nickel, or found some on an expedition, and it's not showing up?
You may need storage for it...try building a Repository.
Where is my University?
Why does my facility keep switching off?
- Does your Cement kiln/Concrete Mixer/Barracks etc. mysteriously toggle off?
All facilities will auto-toggle off if you run out of electricity or a resource they consume (apart from a Tool factory which only stops production if you run out while online, but will auto-toggle off if you run out while offline).
Does the game have offline progress?
- Wonder what your empire gets up to when your browser is closed?
There is a maximum of 7 days offline progress.
How can I restart the game?
- Want to start the game from the very beginning?
If you clear your cookies it will delete your current game.
How do different bonuses combine?
- Ever wondered how different bonuses in the game (e.g. from legacy, technologies, titles etc.) combine?
All bonuses in the game are additive (except the ×2 Boost from Diamonds which is multiplicative).
- It is a good idea to export your game regularly and save it (copy and paste) to a text file (Options button).
If you delete cookies, you will need to import your save to continue playing.
- Chest are good for storage. The cost of Chest does not increase.
- Build any buildings you want, that your maximum storage capacity enables, before you research Packaging. When you research Packaging: storage drops, for some resources, as Chest get consumed.
Explore new continent
- Before you Explore a new continent: Respec all Leaders onto Xochiquetzal for a Population boost to get more Legacy (Points).
- Before you reset, craft any Locks you have into Chest ...they give you Treasures.
- Make sure you spend any remaining coins on patents before you reset. Each unused book grants an additional legacy point.
- Increase the number of your libraries as much as possible, the more you have the more legacy points you'll get.
- A little trick/exploit is to send your fleet to trade just before you explore a new continent and then receive the resources in your new lands. (correct v0.9.3 beta).
- Legacy is helpful but not necessary for progression in the game. A general rule of thumb is to explore a new continent if the pace of the game gets too slow for you.
- Pikeman are good for rushing lots of expeditions when sent alone to farm some objects.
- War elephants have a herd mentality... either none or all of them will disobey in each round of a fight.
- Remember to have available storage before you go on an expedition, or there may be no space for stuff your army finds.
- To gain its bonus, a Crate heirloom needs to be your Empire heirloom only when the fleet sets off to trade. While ships are at sea you can pick another to be Empire heirloom.
- Think twice before upgrading some broken heirlooms, it may be wise to save the Shards for others.
- Don't store heirlooms, for later use, in the top slot. A heirloom occupying the top slot is sold off, when you get a new heirloom.
- If your fleet is going to remain idle for some time, it may be worth firing your Sailors and allocating your Population elsewhere.
- Fun little trick to do when you're conquering territory: Respec your Leaders to Foehn.
- If you lose a close fleet fight, you may have just been unlucky...the same fleet could win next time.
- With active play, toggle off your banks as it's usually more efficient to craft coins if there's Craft efficiency than to run banks. However remember to toggle banks back on if you are leaving the game idle.
- If your game lags or freezes, try changing the performance factor in Options.
- You can resize the embedded chatroom in game by dragging the top left corner to the size you want.
- The game may lose progress if you tab out on some browsers. One possible solution is to have the game running in its own window.
- Online table: Forms of storage, a quick guide. General Storage & Military based.
Quick Trade Guide
- Online table: I need X what can i trade for it?
Fleet Strength Calculator
- Online page where you can download a spreadsheet, that you can edit, to calculate fleet fights in your game.
Building Cost Calculator
- Link downloads an MS Excel spreadsheet, that you can edit, to calculate costs in your game.
- Online page from where you can copy and paste a script, into your browser's console, to improve computer performance for game.
- Can't find the answer to your question? Have a comment, idea or suggestion about the game? Make a post here
- Direct link to chat room. Feel free to join in.
- You can play here. Enjoy!